During the year of 1946, Elder Fred E. Gimlin, State Missionary for Meremac Association, contacted several Missionary Baptists living in the St. Louis and St. Louis County area who felt the need of a church of our faith and practice in the west part of the city. After much prayer and searching, a building was purchased at the corner of Ferguson and Primrose Avenue. On the beautiful Sunday of October 6, 1946, ten fellow Christians and friends met to organize a new church, Faith Missionary Baptist Church.
From the beginning Faith Missionary Baptist Church was eminently a missionary body supporting the efforts to spread the word of God. Multiple missions were organized to support churches spanning areas west and south of Faith Missionary Baptist Church.
In July 1972, the congregation decided to purchase a piece of property on Muegge Road in St. Charles County. Much hard work and prayers went into the building and on December 6, 1973 the Lord blessed us and we moved into the current building.
The church still stands and “earnestly contends for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints,” thereby becoming stronger than ever in Baptist Beliefs. Our prayer is that Faith Baptist Church will continue to serve until the time of “the glorious appearing of our great and marvelous God and our Savior Jesus Christ.”
Meet our Pastor
Pastor Justin Arender, his wife Angie, and their four daughters moved to St. Charles in 2013 where he became the pastor of Faith Baptist Church. Pastor Justin, a native of Taylorsville, Mississippi, surrendered to preach in 2003 and was ordained in 2004 under the guidance of his father, who was also a pastor. While pastoring, God called him to serve as missionary in the Philippine Islands, where he served for three years before answering the call to pastor Faith Baptist Church. Pastor Justin has a Master’s Degree in Theology and a Doctorate of Divinity. In his spare time, Pastor Justin and family enjoy camping, fishing, hunting, and spending time together, especially in the outdoors.